Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A lil' Q & A ~ Teitur

Arriving from the Faroe Islands, off the coast of Norway, Teitur returns to the states with an incomparable sound that resonates in the realm of indie-pop, yet has hints of experimental acoustic cadences interwoven with each note.

The Triple Door asked the multi-talented, Faroese singer-songwriter a few questions to get a glimpse of what's behind the music.


The Triple Door: Name One song that's on your iTunes' "25 Most Played" playlist?
Teitur: Gorillaz-Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach (feat. Snoop Dogg & Hypnitoc Brass Ensemble)


TD: Name your biggest guilty pleasure, musically?
T: I once played a banjo


TD: When you're not playing music, what are you doing?
T: trying to understand my dog's untiring need for play and attention


TD: What was the first song you ever played/sang?
T: Probably some lullaby duet with mom before falling asleep. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star?" Imagine the performance royalties on that one.


TD: If you could play with any musician, living or dead, who would it be?
T: Louis Armstrong, but I would probably giggle too much and ruin the recordings.


TD: What was the best concert you ever attended?
T: Haven't been to that one yet.


TD: If you could perform in any city in the world, where would you?
T: Asia is very high on my list. Basically anywhere outside of the Western World is very attractive to me.


TD: What's your most embarrassing on stage experience?
T: Generally, I dislike being on stage and discover that I don't have a pick or a capo.


TD: What inspires you to play music?
T: For me, it's like blinking my eyes. I just do it.


TD: What hidden talents do you have?
T: I can read long sentences backwards.


See Teitur with Aunt Martha on Wednesday, February 1st, at 7:30 on The Mainstage. Ticket can be purchased here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment