Monday, February 13, 2012

A lil' Q & A ~ Jasper McCann

The Triple Door sat down with The Sophisticated Swinger himself, Jasper McCann- the only gentlemen savvy enough to jive with 7 illustrious Atomic Bombshells, to get a peek of who's really behind the mic.




The Triple Door: Name one song that's on your iTunes' "25 Most Played" playlist?

Jasper McCann: What the heck is iTunes? If you're asking what wax I've had on the hi-fi at home, it has most recently been Cal Tjader's "Breeze From the East" album, and Frank Sinatra's "Ring-A-Ding-Ding" album.


TD: Name your biggest guilty pleasure, musically?

J: I Hope this doesn't label me as a square, but I really dig Stravinksy.


TD: When you're not performing, or getting ready to perform, what are you doing?

J: When I'm not prepping for a show, I dig researching old cocktail recipes, an occasional round of golf with my pals, roasting various meats at my pad, reading "Cad" Magazine, and taking in a show here or there.


TD: What is your favorite song to dance to?

J: I NEVER dance. But when I'm forced to, I love the Cha-Cha-Cha and Calypso!


TD: If you could dance and/or sing with any artist, living or dead, who would it be?

J: Wow, that's a tough one. The list is so long. Dancer would be Gene Kelly, without a doubt. Talk about the perfect mix of artistry and athleticism. Singer would be Bing Crosby. That'd be a lot of crooning in one room!


TD: If you could perform in any city in the world, where would you?

J: Any city? RIO DE JANERO. I can't speak Portuguese, but I DIG BRAZILIANS.


TD: What's your most embarrassing on stage experience?

J: Embarrassing experience.. let's see.. don't remember. I was probably three Manhattans in.


TD: What inspires you to dance/sing?

J: My inspiration comes from my love of music (jazz and standards specifically) and trying to keep that swingin' style of the 50's alive! That, and I can drink and work at the same time.


TD: What hidden talents do you have?

J: Hidden talents? Well, I studied calligraphy when I was young and can still do a pretty good Gothic Script (helps when I send out cocktail party invites). I know a number of hand signals for football penalties. I'm a fair chess player, and make an excellent Bananas Foster (a flambe, of course). I am also a trap drummer, although I'd prefer to be singin', I can lay down a swingin' beat on the skins!

No comments:

Post a Comment