Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A lil' Q & A ~ Lucy Wainwright Roche

The Triple Door welcomes the crystal-clear-voiced, singer-songwriter, Lucy Wainwright Roche to the stage. To get an idea of what is behind the music, we interviewed the funny and straightforward gem musician to throw the light on a stage presence that one has to see to believe.



The Triple Door: Name one song that's on your iTunes' "25 Most Played" playlist?

Lucy Wainwright Roche: And then you - Greg Laswell


TD: Name your biggest guilty pleasure, musically?

Lucy: Maybe Robyn's "Call Your Girlfriend"? Except I don't feel guilty about it, I feel incredibly happy about that song in every way.


TD: When you're not playing music, what are you doing?

Lucy: Usually driving to the next city! Or, if I'm off the road I really like to cook, enjoy NYC and babysit.


TD: What was the first song you ever played/sang?

Lucy: "El Condor Pasa" Simon and Garfunkel. My Aunt Terre taught me to play it.


TD: If you could play with any musican, living or dead, who would it be?

Lucy: Hmmm. That's a tough one. I'd love to see Joni Mitchell do a concert. But I wouldn't want to play with her. I'm not brave enough for that!


TD: If you could perform in any city in the world, where would you?

Lucy: I'd love to play in Russia at some point.


TD: What's your most embarrassing on stage experience?

Lucy: When I was touring with the Indigo Girls they would ahve me sing "Closer to Fine" with them at the end of each show. I realized after about 7 shows that I'd been singing the wrong lyrics repeatedly. It wasn't that terrible but I felt pretty sheepish about it.


TD: What inspires you to play music?

Lucy: One of the things I find most useful in writing and making music is watching other people play- people I admire - and really watching and listening to how they do what they do. I think it's very inspiring to watch people do what they do best AND it also helps ME figure out what I do best.


TD: What hidden talents do you have?

Lucy: I'm a great parallel parker.


Even if the idea is daunting to Lucy, we aren't the only ones that think she could totally rock the stage with the likes of Joni Mitchell! See Lucy Wainwright Roche with The Local Strangers on March 14th at 7:30pm on the Mainstage! Tickets can be purchased here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment