Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A lil' Q&A ~ Blanche Barrow

We interviewed outlaw, and Barrow Gang member, Blanche Barrow (from the perspective of Amber Rose Cutlip) to get an idea of what it was like being a part of one of the most short lived, but notoriously relentless gang in history. 


The Triple Door: You were in prison for 10 years, what 3 items do you wish you had with you while you were locked up?
Blanche Barrow: Actually, it was five and a half years, thank you. I wish I'd had my dog 'snowflake', my lipstick and radio.

TD: Who is your favorite musician?
BB: Bing Crosby

TD: What was your first impression of Buck Barrow?
BB: "Well, if he ain't cool as a cucumber.."

TD: If you could have a drink with any author, living or dead, who would it be and why?
BB: I'd prefer a magazine, thank you.

TD: Whiskey or Gin?
BB: Don't much care for neither, but Whiskey if I had to choose.

TD: What would you do with all the money in the state of Texas?
BB: I'd put a bible on every door step, build my Dad a big ol' house with folks to cook and clean for him, buy a nice new dress and head for vacation in Florida.

TD: What was your first impression of Bonnie and Clyde?
BB: I was a little nervous, but I immediately found Bonnie was real nice, and Clyde; what a character. They were a hoot.

TD: Share you fondest memory of your experience with the Barrow Gang:
BB: Bonnie and Clyde and Buck and me had a dance competition in a field after a picnic once. I remember out hands were sticky from eating peaches, and me and Buck won.

TD: Describe your life in three words:
BB: persevere, scratchy, believer

See Amber Rose Cutlip, as Blanche Barrow, at the modern vaudeville adaption of the historical story set to original music by Coffin Varnish. The Deadliest Instruments runs August 20-22 at 8pm. Use speakeasy code "coffin wash" to receive 1/2 price tickets. Tickets can be purchased here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment