Friday, August 3, 2012

A lil' Q&A ~ Kasey Chambers

Australian singer-songwriter Kasey Chambers has her hands full! The mother of three has a new album set to release in September, PLUS she is currently in the midst of a US-to-Australia tour. She couldn't pass through Seattle without stopping by The Triple Door mainstage, right? We interrupted her musical mayhem with a lil' Q&A...

The Triple Door: Name the number 1 song listed on your iTunes' "25 Most Played" playlist?
Kasey Chambers: I don't do iTunes... I buy CDs, so my answer is Dave Rawlings: "A Friend Of A Friend."


TD: Name your biggest guilty pleasure, musically?
KC: Listening to '80s Hit Compilation CDs


TD: When you're not playing music, what are you doing?
KC: Looking after three children


TD: What was the first song you ever played/sang?
KC: "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper


TD: If you could play with any musician, living or dead, who would it be?
KC: John Prine.. but if I ever got the chance I would actually freak out.


TD: What was the best concert you ever attended?
KC: I saw Lucinda Williams, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Rosanne Cash at age 14 and it changed my life.


TD: What's your most embarrassing on stage experience?
KC: There are too many to pick just one. I have tripped over and fallen off chairs, had bra and guitar straps break.


TD: What inspires you to play music?
KC: The fact that I possess no other skills means I have no other choice, but I have been playing music all my life.


TD: Who is your musician crush?
KC: Dave Grohl and Kate Miller-Heidke





See Kasey Chambers with Ali Marcus live on August 5 at 7:30 on the Mainstage. Tickets here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment