Thursday, July 26, 2012

A lil' Q&A ~ Sarah Jarosz

Sarah Jarosz' supple vocals and old-timey ballads are the kind that make you feel like your sitting on your front porch steps, on a hot summer day, with a cool breeze kissing your face as you eat a jar of honey, they're THAT sweet. We interrupted Sarah's Western Tour with a lil' Q&A....


The Triple Door: Name the number one song on your iTunes' "25 Most Played" playlist?
Sarah Jarosz: Tangled Up In Blue - Bob Dylan

TD: What is your biggest musical guilty pleasure?
SJ: Listening to N'Sync as a kid...

TD: When you're not playing music, what are you doing?
SJ: Cooking, hanging out with dogs any chance I get, reading, going for walks, watching movies

TD: What was the first song you ever played/sang?
SJ: I think the first documented song was "You're a Grand Old Flag" when I was 2...

TD: If you could play with any musician, living or dead, who would it be?
SJ: It's so hard to choose just one! I feel so fortunate because I've already had the chance to play with a ton of my heroes, but I have to say it would be amazing to play with Paul Simon or Johann Sebastian Bach.

TD: What was the best concert you ever attended?
SJ: I've seen so many amazing concerts... It's too hard to pick just one! There are a lot of memorable Telluride and RockyGrass sets that stand out in my mind as being incredibly epic.

TD: If you could perform in any city in the world, where would you?
SJ: Right now in my life, I'd have to say Paris or Rome

TD: What inspires you to play music?
SJ: Listening to, and playing with, great musicians... poetry, art, and nature

TD: What hidden talents do you have?
SJ: I can hula hoop really well

TD: Who is your musician crush?
SJ: George Harrison




Catch Sarah Jarosz and the Shook Twins on July 30 at 7:30 on the Mainstage. Purchase tickets here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment